The Karel Appel Foundation issues Certificates of Authenticity for paintings according to its policy.
New policy as of March 1, 2016: Until further notice the Foundation does not process authenticity requests for works on paper and works on paper mounted on canvas (papier marouflé sur toile).
To apply for a Certificate of Authenticity:
- Download the Application Form and the Terms & Conditions .
- Fill out and sign both forms.
- Send the forms to the Karel Appel Foundation, together with all professional photographic material:
- a digital high resolution colour image, 60 MB TIFF format
- a black & white photograph, 15 x 20 cm
- a color photograph, 15 x 20 cm
- a photograph of the backside
For further details, see the Application Form and the Terms & Conditions.